How do I enrol for a Cambridge English exam?

If you are attending a Language school you may enrol through them.  If not please contact the Centre Exams Manager for an enrolment form. Contact details can be found on the Contact Us page.

How do I pay for an exam?

You can pay by bank transfer, cheque or cash.  Details can be found on the enrolment form.

At which venue will my exam take place?

The venue for your exam will be detailied on the Confirmation of Entry form which will be sent to you at least two weeks before the date of the exam. 

When should I arrive for my exam?

Please arrive 20 minutes before the start time of your exam. 

What ID must I bring with me to the examination?

You must bring a valid passport, National ID card or Driving license to the exam.  If you are taking the exam for UK Visa and Immigration purposes you must bring either a valid passport, European Union ID card or a Biometric residence permit.  No other ID will be accepted.  This ID must be the one that is used at the time of registration. 

What else should I bring to the examination?

Please bring your Confirmation of Entry form with you as this lists the venue(s), the timetable for the parts of the exam and an emergency contact number in case you are delayed on the way to the exam.

Also bring a HB pencil and an eraser.  For FCE, CAE and CPE a pen is also needed for the writing part of the exam.

Can I use correction fluid in the exam?

You are not permitted to use any kind of correction fluid, tape or pen in the exam. 

Can I eat or drink in the exam?

Only bottled water is allowed on your desk during the exam.  However, food can be consumed during the breaks in an allocated area.

When will I get my results?

The results are released approximately 6 weeks after the exam you will be able to pick up your Statement of Results online. The Certificate will be sent to you approximately 4 weeks after that.